Are you having to make the delicate, and difficult, decision about living arrangements for an elderly loved one? When it comes to assisted living placement, there is no one-size-fits-all approach. In the greater Phoenix area, there are a multitude of choices for senior living. A reputable senior living placement agency can help minimize your stress and support you in making an informed choice for your family member’s later stages of life.
Every elder is unique in the physical care they require, their personal preferences for living space, and their emotional, social, and mental wellbeing needs. It can be nerve wracking trying to make the life-altering decision about where to place an older adult in need of special care for the later stages of life. Add to this the stress of having to move a senior across state lines, and you can very quickly become overwhelmed by the process. A service such as Integrity Senior Placement can make all the difference in finding a reputable, trustworthy, and compassionate approach to meeting your elder family member’s needs.
Let’s get a better understanding of what senior placement is, how to find a placement service you can trust, and what the placement process involves for you and your beloved elder.
What is Senior Living Placement?
A senior placement agency provides research and guidance in placing your senior/elder family member in living arrangements that are specifically tailored to meet their stage of life needs. Whether you choose an agency or a private senior placement consultant, the focus of the work will be working directly with a senior and/ or together with the senior’s family.
How do I Choose a Senior Placement Service in Arizona?
The simple answer is: Carefully, with thoughtful research to support your decision.
Do Your Research
Like any type of service agency, you will find a variety of areas of specialization, range of services, types of housing, and levels of quality and care in senior placement services. It is of the utmost importance for you to do your homework about any agency, service, or consultant that you are considering. These individuals will be intimately involved in the placement of your senior family member. You want to be able to trust them with the emotional, logistical, and financial resources that go into finding proper senior living placement..
Know the Differences in Regulations
While there are some similarities across states, for the most part, each state has its own credentialing process, standards, and levels of care. If you are moving a loved one across state lines, you must become familiar with that state’s senior placement standards of care, credentialing and processes.
Utilize Vetted Resources
One resource for becoming educated about state regulations is AHCA/NCAL, which has booklets on state regulations for assisted living and other senior placement arrangements. Another resource to utilize is the guide for caregiver training requirements, which also vary by state.
What about State Regulation for Senior Placement?
Specifically, in regard to senior placement agencies and consultants, there is very little national or state regulation. Therefore, you have to do a little bit more digging to unearth the history and background of a senior placement agency/consultant that you may want to use.
A few ways you can go about this research include:
- Check online reviews for the agency
- Read the LinkedIn profile for placement consultants
- Search the local Better Business Bureau online for complaints and resolutions
- Check with Consumer Protection for the state in which the agency is located
- AARP members have access to vetted sources for senior living options
- Ask for references and contact them to ask about their experience
Ideally, any senior placement agency that you are considering will have strong leadership with demonstrated experience in senior care. It will be evident from the very first step in the process, from top level management down to the front desk receptionist, that there is passion for helping the elderly and compassionate support for their families in the decision making process..
Finding the Perfect Fit for Senior Living in Phoenix
At Integrity Senior Placement, we understand and respect our clients’ individuality. We get to know our clients and their families as people first, discussing their personal reasons for seeking our services and unique circumstances. We then use our extensive knowledge of the assisting living services in and around Phoenix to find the perfect fit.
Integrity Senior Placement follows a Seven Step Process for thoughtful, compassionate placement of your beloved senior family member in the Phoenix-Mesa-Scottsdale metropolitan area.
- Initial Contact: Most placements begin with a phone call from a family member or close friend of the elder. They need assistance finding the right kind of support for their aging or disabled loved one. During the initial phone call, we’ll discuss your loved one’s situation and schedule a free in-home assessment.
- Free In-Home Assessment: One of our caring and knowledgeable placement specialists will visit your loved one’s home, if in the greater Phoenix area, to gather more information and get to learn more about you and your beloved elder. We will ask a variety of questions to determine what part of the Phoenix metropolitan area you are interested in, establish the financial/insurance options, identify the level of care required, and assess the types of features or amenities that are important to you. At this time we will review the placement process, answer questions, and address any concerns you may have about senior living options.
- Placement Recommendations: Once our placement specialist has a complete profile of who your loved one is as a person and understands their unique needs, she will compile a list of senior living options that are an optimal fit for your loved one. Each facility that we recommend at Integrity Senior Placement has been thoroughly vetted and meets rigorous standards of care and safety and quality standards.
- Guided Tours: Next, you will narrow down the living options that seem to be the best fit; we are here to support you in this process. Your placement specialist will tour each facility with you. During these guided tours, you will have the chance to meet the facility’s caregivers, talk to current residents, experience amenities and services, and ask questions. You may also request references.
- Selection & Move-In: After touring facilities and reviewing all options with you, the placement specialist will help you make the best selection. Integrity Senior Placement will take care of all the paperwork, including insurance and coordinating with the facility, so that you or your loved one can focus on settling into the new home.
- Follow-Up: After moving in, Integrity Senior Placement remains by your side for follow-up communication and to ensure you are happy with the choice. Your placement specialist will visit you shortly after move-in. A few weeks later, we will visit a second time to check-in with you. We are never satisfied with a placement unless you are—we will make sure that the home we chose together is delivering everything that was promised and is meeting all your needs.
- Future Support: If your needs change in the future, Integrity Senior Placement will help you reevaluate options and seamlessly transition to another community.
We understand that this can be a stressful and emotional time for family members and especially for the senior. While some seniors may be able to participate in the transition to senior care, others may be abruptly shifting from a life of independence to one of increasing level of dependence. At Integrity Senior Care, our aim is to empower our clients with knowledge and support to make informed decisions. We invite you to call us at 480.271.7759 to inquire about our experience, credentials, or to request references.
Unparalleled Knowledge, Unmatched Support in Senior Placement Services
Our founders hold a shared commitment to service and unparalleled knowledge of the senior placement industry. Integrity Senior Placement is your best choice for assisted living placement in the Phoenix metropolitan area. We are honored to help you find the perfect placement for yourself or a loved one! Contact Reina and David today to discuss your placement needs and schedule a free in-home assessment.